Do School Districts Influence Home Prices or Vice Versa?Conversations about schools and their effect on a home's value are often of the "chicken or the egg" variety. Homes in the best school
Tips For Protecting Your Dock From Icy Conditions
While December gave us hopes for a mild winter, January has proven it will be anything but that. As temperatures are dropping to single digits some nights, the chances of coves freezing over begin to increase. These icy conditions can threaten the safety of yourself and your dock. Here are some tips to help prevent any damage in these next winter months.
1. Sometimes it gets just cold enough that the water surrounding your dock might freeze up, so applying a surprising amount of pressure can make the dock pilings lean or even dislodge.
2. Treat any damaged electrical wires around dock as though they are live.
3. If there is a need to be on the dock, use the buddy system in case anyone was to fall in.
4. Bubblers are often recommended under docks to circulate water and prevent ice formation.
5. A circulator can be secured to your dock to push the water under the dock up to the surface, thus preventing ice formation.
6. No matter how many precautions you take, it's always best to make sure your dock is covered under your insurance policy to safeguard against disaster.
Latest Blog Posts
Mistake No. 1: Not using a VA-savvy real estate agentIf you’re getting a VA loan, make sure you work with a real estate agent who understands the VA home loan process.When you’re buying through
It is spring season, and during this stay at home mandate, many people have taken on gardening as a new hobby. Others have been motivated to eat healthier and support local businesses, including