Do School Districts Influence Home Prices or Vice Versa?Conversations about schools and their effect on a home's value are often of the "chicken or the egg" variety. Homes in the best school
Its Time To Start Packing
Every seller wants an offer, but let's face it when your home goes under contract and it's time to move it gets a bit scary. Where do you start, what should I do first and when should I do it. For those super organized people, they started packing and organizing and pitching before they listed the property, for the rest of us it's time to get going. Here's some things that will help;
1. Have your Realtor explain the deadlines of the contract and which ones may effect your closing date
2. Call a mover and get a bid and check available dates. Set a tentative moving date. If you are moving yourself call for rental trucks and line up reliable help.
3. Before the mover arrives assess what you have to move Furniture, appliances, and all your stuff. Buy or collect boxes. packing tape and packing paper.
4. Eliminate STUFF this is very hard but believe me it will make your life easier. Here's a trick to get you started. I call it my "15 minutes Cleanse". Take one drawer, cabinets or closet shelf, in other words a small area so you don't get over whelmed. Have on hand a couple large trash bags, and two boxes. Trash bag for trash, one box to pack and one to donated. Set a timer for 15 minutes and GO, be ruthless, that yellow shirt you bought on sale two years age with the tags still on, DONATE IT! Believe me you will never wear it. Go through the small space and everything has to go in a bag or a box. when the timer rings, you should have one small space cleaned out. Here's the secret, if you feel like you can do another 15 minutes go for it. If not and you're being overly sentimental over your 5th grade art project, take a break. Try it and let me know how you did.
5. Label your boxes: the room they belong in (helps the movers) and what's in the box (will help you find your favorite coffee mug. Just a thought pack the mug with the coffee pot.
Don't let it over whelm you, but don't wait until the last minute, or you will pack a lot of stupid stuff you should have thrown/given away, plus there will be more boxes to move.
Let me know if you have any Moving Day Tips or Horror Stories
Latest Blog Posts
Mistake No. 1: Not using a VA-savvy real estate agentIf you’re getting a VA loan, make sure you work with a real estate agent who understands the VA home loan process.When you’re buying through
It is spring season, and during this stay at home mandate, many people have taken on gardening as a new hobby. Others have been motivated to eat healthier and support local businesses, including